Back to School at Hughes - Important Info at the link:
Hughes Parents and Families,
We are so excited to welcome you back to school in just over a week on Monday, August 9!
Below are some important things to know about the upcoming school year:
- School start and end times:
- TK & Kindergarten: 8:20 – 1:20
- 1st Grade – 3rd Grade: 8:20 – 2:05
- 4th Grade – 6th Grade: 8:20 – 2:30
- Students may enter through the front gates in the morning as in the past – we are no longer doing temperature checks and screenings at designated gates.
- Students cannot be on campus until 7:50 – they are not to be dropped off or wait at gates prior to 7:50am.
- Breakfast and Lunch are free for all students – if students are here to eat breakfast they may enter the cafeteria at 7:30am.
- Drinking fountains are not available – we encourage all students to bring a water bottle from home. We do have refill stations available for students to use to refill their bottles during the day, if needed.
- Unless students are enrolled in an afterschool program (Latchkey or PAWS) they are not able to stay on campus after their dismissal times. All students must leave campus immediately after they are out of class if they are not in Latchkey or PAWS.
- Latchkey and PAWS both have space available at this time. Applications are available in the front office.
- Masks are required by all staff and students while indoors. While outdoors, no masks are required and all play equipment is available to be used this year.
- At this time, we are still not able to have parents and other visitors on campus. On the first day of school we will have many staff members available at the gate to help students find their classrooms and get settled in. As soon as we are able to have campus visitors we will let families know.
- For the safety of all students, staff and families when dropping off or picking up students:
- If in the parking lot – please pull as far forward as possible to allow others to pull in as well and to avoid blocking traffic.
- Please observe traffic laws and signs – do not park in red zones, handicapped spots are only for those with handicapped placards or license plates, bus zones are only for buses, neighboring homes should never have their driveways blocked.
- Please use kindness and courtesy with our staff and students who work as crossing guards/Safety Patrol – they are giving their time in the heat/cold/rain with the sole purpose of keeping our students safe while they arrive or leave our campus.
Class lists will be posted in the school office windows on Friday, August 6 at 5:00pm. You’re welcome to come that evening or anytime over the weekend to see who your teacher will be for this year. We can’t wait to see our students back and are looking forward to a great 2021 – 2022 school year!